The drug is Fevarin. Instructions for use.
"Fevarin" is an antidepressant drug. It includes a substance such as fluvoxamine. This active ingredient is well absorbed in the intestinal tract. The body absorbs about 53% of the substances from the dose.
When to take "Fevarin"? Instruction for use informs that the use of food in no way affects absorption. It is excreted by the kidneys in the form of metabolites. It should be noted that if a patient has any abnormalities in the functions of the liver, then in this case, the slowing down of the metabolism of the drug will be seen.
Fevarin. Instructions for use
This drug should be taken in the following cases:
• Depression of various etiologies;
• Various obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Fevarin. Instructions for contraindications
It is not recommended to apply the drug in the following cases:
• individual intolerance to any components of this drug;
• chronic alcoholism;
• Children under 18 years of age (children under the age of 8 may be assigned a very small dose, but only in the case of obsessive-compulsive disorder);
• impaired renal function;
• impaired liver function;
• poor blood clotting;
• during pregnancy;
• with lactation;
• patients older than 65;
• Drivers who are long and often behind the wheel.
Fevarin. Overdose instructions
If this drug is used in very high doses, then the following symptoms are possible:
• weakness in the body;
• problems and stools;
• problems with balancing sleep and wakefulness;
• violation of the heart rate;
Lowering of blood pressure;
• liver failure;
• death (only a few cases of such an outcome were recorded, but only with an excessive dose increase).
There is no special antidote for such cases. But there are various ways that can reduce the effect of an overdose. In case of an overdose of "Fervin" it is advisable to do the following:
• gastric lavage;
• accept enterosorbents;
• conduct symptomatic therapy;
• drink osmotic laxatives.
What in such cases does not help:
• forced diuresis.
Fevarin. Side effects
Some patients may experience the following side effects:
• a decrease or a complete lack of appetite;
• dryness in the mucous membrane in the mouth;
• stool disorder;
• various disorders in the functions of the intestinal tract;
• gastrointestinal bleeding (quite an extremely rare side effect);
• An increased level of anxiety;
• manic syndrome;
• violation of taste sensations;
• skin rash;
• various pains in the joints and muscles;
• violation of ejaculation;
• increased sweating;
• problems with urination;
• change in the body mass index.
If "Fyvarin" takes a long time, and then abruptly terminated, then withdrawal syndrome, otherwise called "breaking", is possible.
As a result of the withdrawal syndrome, the following symptoms may occur:
• increased anxiety;
In view of this, if the patient needs to stop taking the drug, they gradually begin to reduce the dose, rather than cancel the medicine completely and immediately.
Fevarin. Instruction on storage conditions
It is recommended to store the medicine in sufficientdry place. It is also desirable that direct sunlight does not reach the storage area. Store at a temperature of 15-25 degrees Celsius. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years.
If suddenly it happened that you can not find the drug "Fevarin" in your local pharmacies, then you can buy its analogues. For example, "Rexetin", "Oprah", "Paxil" and "Profluzak".