Silicone heeled shoes: types, purpose, reviews
Silicone heeled shoes - thisspecial soft orthopedic structures that help maintain the normal position of the foot and prevent the development of flat feet. In addition, they have antibacterial and damping properties, which allows you to avoid the appearance of foot fungus and protect your feet from excessive vibration when walking.
Silicone Insole and heel pads are useful for people whonot only spend a lot of time on their feet, but also lead an active lifestyle, doing jogging, Nordic walking, skiing. Designs made of soft silicone, can avoid the occurrence of corns and calluses, fatigue and aches in the legs. A combination of silicone orthopedic products with high-quality footwear will be especially effective.
Varieties of silicone orthopedic constructions for shoes
Silicone is an elastic and elastic material,allowing to create from it constructions with various parameters, but at the same time has an increased wear resistance and resistance to deformation. There are many types of orthopedic structures made of silicone, which must be selected depending on the existing problems with stops:
- Horseshoes. Created to prevent the emergence of cracks on the heels and on the corns.
- Stickers on the back. Prevent rubbing the heel, especially during the process of wearing new shoes.
- Horseshoes made of several layers of silicone. Allows to increase the growth of a person.
- Wedges. Contribute to the elimination of painful and uncomfortable sensations in the area of the longitudinal arches of the feet.
- Fingers. It is necessary to protect the tissues of the already rubbed finger or to prevent it from rubbing with shoes.
- Interdigital partitions. Relieve pain from the pressure of shoes on the area of the fingers.
- Inserts under the arches of the foot. Needed to reduce the burden on the spine and legs when wearing shoes with high heels.
- Insoles. Used for foot balance in shoes with a flat sole or without heels.
Inserts to reduce shoe size. Allow to solve the problem of trampled shoes or one that is too large.
Advantages of using orthopedic structures made of silicone
Silicone horseshoes and other orthopedic structures, according to the patients who used them, differ in many positive aspects. These include:
- fixation of transverse and longitudinal arches of feet in a normal position;
- improvement of blood circulation in the feet;
- prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- reducing the load on the feet, the spine, the joints of the feet, maintaining the feet;
- preventing the appearance of an unpleasant odor in the area of the feet.
In addition, patients noted the minimization and elimination of fatigue in the legs.
Disadvantages of using orthopedic structures made of silicone
Padded shoes for shoes made of silicone and similar orthopedic products have a number of negative points:
- Impossibility of wearing in the presence of open, especially bleeding, wounds.
- Prohibition of wearing more than 16 hours a day.
- Limited shelf life of the material (from 2 months). By the way, it depends on the frequency of use of the product and the quality of care for it, the accuracy of its selection according to the size of the foot.
- Less often - unpleasant physical sensations from the contact of the foot with silicone, a sense of tightness when wearing shoes (especially model type).
Indications for use of orthopedic structures made of silicone
According to experts, wearing silicone orthopedic products is necessary in the presence of certain problems:
- need to compensate for differences in leg length;
- traumatic heel injury;
- the need to restore ankle joints;
- damage to the hip bone;
- heel spur;
- complicated course of the pregnancy period;
- prevention of flat feet.
Silicone heel pads and other designs are soft and flexible, so they are suitable for use in the early stages of disease and for preventive purposes.
Care for silicone orthopedic structures
Experts advise washing silicone products forStop daily with normal soap and warm water. In order to avoid damage to orthopedic products from silicone, it is forbidden to use chlorine-containing substances for washing it.
Clean silicone insole and other structuresIt should be gently patted with a piece of cloth and dried without using heating devices and heating elements. After drying, they should be treated with special talc for feet or baby powder. Do not subject the heel padded shoes for orthopedic footwear and any format constructions made of silicone, to direct sunlight.
Tips for choosing silicone hips and other orthopedic products
The constructions described aremedical and prophylactic products, so the correctness of their choice requires a serious approach and should be carried out with the support of the parameters of the feet, the individual features of the structure of the legs and the existing diseases.
As confirmed by the reviews of those who usedthis product, in order to choose the right shoe heel or other construction made of silicone, you need to contact the orthopedic center for the help of a qualified specialist. After the initial consultation, the orthopedic physician will look for suitable silicone devices that will only benefit the health of the feet and will not do any harm.
The physician should rely on the problems that need to be solved when choosing orthopedic structures from silicone, and also correctly determine the size and shape of the future product.
How to apply silicone heel pads with spurs and other orthopedic products
The heel spur is a problem, in most cases developing when wearing uncomfortable shoes (including high-heeled shoes), having excess weight and excessive load on the feet.
To solve it, specialists designate heel pads for shoe, orthopedic insoles made of silicone, etc. Their main task is to reduce the load on the foot area, maintaining the normal anatomical position of the feet with a heel spur. To avoid their slipping and the patient's feeling of discomfort, fixing the products to the shoe is necessary with the help of a glue retainer, which has a special protective coating.
Silicone orthopedic products are not capable ofheal the heel spur. Getting rid of this problem requires a variety of long-term therapy. Nevertheless, judging by the opinions of patients, they maximally offload the feet and relieve unpleasant and painful sensations. The best option is the simultaneous use of heel pads and insoles.
Recommendations for the purchase and prices of silicone orthopedic products
It is best to buy silicone insoles,horseshoes and other structures only by medical prescription and after a thorough orthopedic examination. The cost at the same time depends on their final quality, store rating, the purpose of the application and the format of the design.
For example, even for people with low incomes, heel pads are available at the heel spur, the price which is usually about 800 rubles. Inserts against calluses cost about 150 rubles, insoles to increase growth - about 900 rubles, pads for shoe-backs - about 350 rubles, finger-separators - about 200 rubles., Slip covers and orthopedic wedges - about 1 000 rub.
Reviews about silicone orthopedic constructions
People using insoles, heelpicks and othersorthopedic products made of silicone, note their convenience and comfort when wearing, no unpleasant odor. According to the patients, silicone constructions help to relax the load on the legs, eliminate the feeling of discomfort and soreness in the feet, allow you to adjust the size of the shoes, prevent the appearance of corns and calluses, further rubbing your fingers.