How to close the loops with a needle: closing the gum, closing the loops when connecting the cloths
Knitting the main cloth - not the mostdifficult process. At the end of the work, each knitter faces the question of how to properly and beautifully close the hinges. It is necessary to do this so that the work has a beautiful and accurate edge, which can no longer be processed, or vice versa - it will be convenient for him to continue working.
The easiest way to close loops - whenuse of spokes or hooks. These methods are good, but not all needlewomen are satisfied with the results. Sometimes loops can stretch unevenly, the hook is difficult to put into operation, and the spokes slip, which threatens to lose loops.
Closing loops with a needle
To make the edge of the product neat and beautiful, you can close the loops with a needle. There are many options for applying needle loops:
- the simplest and most common one is pulling loops one after the other to complete the edge of the canvas;
- closing loops in the middle of work;
- closing of the loops of elastic bands, openwork edges, relief areas.
To understand how to close loops with a needle qualitatively, you must first become familiar with the theory.
Joining two canvases
To understand how to close the loops with a needle on a simple canvas and connect two sections at the same time is not difficult. It is necessary to perform a number of operations:
- The thread is passed through the first loop of the upper web;
- the needle is withdrawn through the first loop of the lower web and with the same thread the loop as it turns;
- now again the needle hooks the first loop on the upper canvas, goes down, clinging to the lower loop;
- the operation is repeated until the end of the series;
- At the end, the thread is tightened to form a smooth seam.
If you close the loops with a needle in this way, the edgespaintings connect tightly, creating the impression that the product is associated with one large canvas. The seam is masked and is not distinguished from the common row. It is important to make sure that the tension of the thread, which is sewn parts of the product, in line with the knitting yarn tension.
Closure of a simple series
To close a simple row with a needle, the needle repeats movements similar to working with knitting needles:
- The working thread is cut off, leaving the tail about 3-4 times longer than the bound row;
- The end of the thread is threaded into the gobelin needle. This needle with a blunt short end and a wide eye - it does not tear the thread and does not separate the fibers when piercing;
- The needle is inserted in such a way that the first two loops are caught on the left, working spoke;
- The needle is withdrawn inward, point to itself;
- Now the needle is inserted with the point into the first loop on the left spoke, as if the work is made with a spoke;
- The thread on the needle is slightly tightened.
Manipulation is repeated until the entire series is closed.
Such closure of the loops allows to obtain a smooth finished edge that does not stretch when the product is used.
Closing loops of elastic bands
The most commonly used element forcompletion of knitting of any product - an elastic band. It can be different - classical English, 2 x 2, dense, delicate. The question of how to close the gum loop with a needle, you need to carefully examine each knitter. The use of this method has several advantages:
- closed series is obtained by elastic;
- hinges do not pull the fabric;
- The connected loops look at each other according to the pattern, not turning in the opposite direction.
From how to close the loops with a needle when knitting, depends on the type of product in the future, respectively, you need to practice before working with the finished thing.
To begin with, it is convenient to prepare the canvas for work. A number of loops are divided into two spokes - the purl loop is removed unrolled, and the front line is thrown over the spoke unchanged, but a working thread is laid between it and the previous loop.
The length of the thread, which the edge will be sewn, should be about 4 times longer than the row. This is important, otherwise the segment may not be sufficient in the middle of the process.
The needle with the thread is threaded into the first loop, which must first be carefully lowered from the needle.
The needle is displayed on the front side and pins into the middle of the third face loop. Now the needle is cut into the second wrong loop from the front to the back. The needle moves from right to left.
Now the needle is displayed on the front side, between the third loop and the fourth.
The point of the needle unfolds and pushes into the middle of the fourth loop from the front to the wrong side.
Now the fourth loop is considered first. The sequence is repeated until the loop ends.
Understand how to close the loops with a needle, simply. The main thing is to consistently follow instructions.