Heparin ointment: indications for use, price and pharmacological action
Heparin ointment (indications for use will bediscussed below) is an anticoagulant of direct action. Slowly released from this medication, heparin can reduce inflammatory processes, as well as have an antithrombotic effect. In this case, the ointment promotes resorption of already existing blood clots and prevents the formation of other blood clots.
This drug reduces the aggregation of platelets,blocks the synthesis of thrombin, inhibits the activity of hyaluronidases and activates the fibrinolytic properties of human blood. In addition, benzyl ester of nicotinic acid, which contains heparin ointment from edema, is able to expand the surface vessels, thereby improving the absorption of the drug components. Also, a local anesthetic called "benzocaine" significantly reduces the severity of pain and other unpleasant sensations. When applied to the skin, it has a strong analgesic effect.
Heparin ointment: indications for use
This drug is released in pharmacy chains without a prescription. It is recommended to use it to treat and prevent the following abnormalities:
- thrombophlebitis of superficial veins;
- external and internal hemorrhoids;
- with lymphangitis;
- postinjection and postinfusion phlebitis;
- manifestations of trophic ulcers of the lower leg;
- when elephant;
- with superficial pereflebit;
- inflamed postpartum hemorrhoids;
- with puffiness and localized infiltration;
- superficial mastitis;
- to eliminate subcutaneous hematoma;
- with injuries and bruises, which are not accompanied by violations of the integrity of the skin, including muscle tissue, tendons, joints, etc.
Heparin Ointment: instructions, the price of the drug
Apply this tool only externally. Ointment should be applied in a thin layer to the affected area at the rate of 0.75-1 g of the agent (or strips of 2-3 cm) on the area 3-5 cm in diameter. At the same time, the preparation should be rubbed softly into the skin for 5-9 seconds. Ointment should be applied thrice a day every day until the edema or other inflammatory phenomena disappear completely. Do not follow this treatment for more than one week. If necessary, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Heparin ointment (indications for use were considered a little higher) is prohibited to use if you:
- there is a hypersensitivity to the constituent components of the drug;
- ulcerative necrotic processes;
- there are traumatic disorders of the integrity of the skin.
In addition, this tool should be used with caution for those who have an increased tendency to bleeding and thrombocytopenia.
So how much is such a medicine asheparin ointment, indications for the application of which include various inflammatory processes of the skin? As a rule, the price of this medication is not very high. In different pharmacy chains, it varies between 35-50 Russian rubles for 25 g.