Local History Museum of Kurgan: address, exhibitions. Sights of the Barrow
The mound is a large industrial city,located in the Urals. Russian settlement in its place existed from the middle of the 16th century. Over the centuries, a number of noteworthy events took place in Kurgan. In addition, the nature of these places is of great interest. Learn more about the city, the region and their residents will help the Museum of Local Lore.
Barrow: brief information
The city is located along the banks of the river Tobol, and there, on thearea of 393 square meters. km, there are 325 000 people. At the end of the 19th century, the famous Trans-Siberian Railway passed through Kurgan, linking the European regions of the Russian Empire with the Asian ones. This circumstance had an extremely beneficial effect on the development of the Kurgan. Today the city is one of the most important cultural, economic and political centers of the Urals.
Museum of Local History of Kurgan: history
The foundation date of this cultural institutionis November 10, 1951. As was customary in the years of the existence of the USSR, the ex-church of St. Alexander Nevsky.
I must say that long before this event, inIn 1904, at the local department of the Moscow Agricultural Society, the Agricultural Museum, dedicated to the cultivation of grain, was the first to operate in the Kurgan. Later, in 1920, it was transformed. So there was a museum of the local land. At the call of the party, peasants from the nearest villages began to bring to the museum preserved in their homes old household items and even bones of ancient animals and artifacts found in the course of agricultural work.
In 1951, the city authorities decided to organize the Kurgan Regional Museum of Local Lore (KOKM).
The Kurgan Local History Museum originally had 3department dedicated to the nature and history of the city and its environs, as well as the achievements of Soviet society. Since 1957 there is a planetarium, where children and adults can study the starry sky.
Since the 1960s, when the museum staff includedyoung research workers, began active work on the formation of the first museum collections. As a result, during the Soviet period, its funds were replenished with exhibits dedicated to the first Ural communes, collectivization, relics and documents relating to the participants of the Civil War and the BCE.
At the moment, KOKM is activescientific and educational activities. In 1991, the Museum of Local Lore was transferred to a building that used to be known as the House of Political Education, and the Church of Sts. Alexander Nevsky was returned to the faithful. The museum has permanent exhibitions of nature and history.
Local History Museum (Kurgan): Exhibitions
About 200,000 people visit KOKM and its branches every year. At the moment there are 9 exhibitions in the museum. Among them:
- "Transural Kunstkammer", whose visitors will see to what congenital malformations of the fetus can lead to bad habits of his parents or genetic mutations.
- "The World through the Eyes of the Kurgans" is an exhibition of the most interesting photographs of the inhabitants of the city.
- "The history of Gulliver's travels," dedicated to the local puppet theater, bearing the name of the hero of the famous work of Jonathan Swift.
- "The founder of Russian Palestine" - an exhibition,allowing to get acquainted with the life of the Russian community in the Holy Land, as well as to see the relics brought by pilgrims from Jerusalem and Christian monasteries located on the territory of Israel.
- "Ashes of the Civil War", which you can visitto get acquainted with 139 exhibits telling about the events that took place in Kurgan and its environs from 1914 to 1920, as well as see the military form of those years, recreated from historical photographs.
- "A connoisseur of the Russian word" - an exhibition dedicated to the 115th anniversary of the birth of writer and literary critic A.K. Southwestern.
- "Weapon of death", telling about the consequences of using drugs, alcohol and the dangers of smoking.
In addition, the Museum of Local Lore Kurganoffers to get acquainted with the exhibition dedicated to the founder of Kurgan engineering SA Balakshin. Sergei Aleksandrovich was a well-known industrialist and designer of hydroturbines. Thanks to his engineering work, he became known not only at home, but also in Russia. At the exhibition in KOKM personal items, documents and photos of SA Balakshin are presented.
Virtual and other projects
The Kurgan Museum of Local Lore tends to keep pace with the times. In particular, recently there was launched a patriotic project dedicated to the heroes of the Second World War, allowing to create a virtual memory book.
In addition, KOKM regularly participates in the famous action "Night of Museums", and on weekends preschool children can be borrowed by inviting them to get acquainted with the habits of a small chipmunk.
Serfi exhibitions are also very popular. During such events, everyone will be able to take a picture with a unique exhibit participating in the action. For example, in April a fairly large meteorite was exposed in the museum, which landed near the village of Chashi of the Kurgan region in 1963. All interested persons were given the opportunity to hold the "space alien" in their hands and make a selfie with him, which can immediately boast in social networks.
The first thing you want to know, want to visitLocal History Museum (Kurgan), - the address of this cultural institution. It is known to every inhabitant of the city. KOKM is located on Pushkin Street and occupies the building at number 137. You can get to the museum by public transport: to the stop "Kinotetr Rossiya" (buses and route taxis N 30, 49, 301, 312, 322, 336, 343, 349, 392 and etc.) or to the stop "Children's Polyclinic" - on the trolleybus N 6.
Preschoolers, orphans or disabled canto visit the museum for free. For adults, the ticket costs 50 rubles, for pensioners - 25, for students - 20, and for students of colleges and lyceums, as well as for schoolchildren - 15 rubles. At the same time, citizens of other countries will have to pay 100 rubles.
Walk with dinosaurs
Employees of KOKM attach great importance to the work with thechildren. And since November 2016, the first thing that those who come to the Museum of Local History (Kurgan) see is dinosaurs. And to be more precise, in the foyer there is an exhibition where you can see images of these ancient reptiles. It presents 39 drawings of gouache, the authors of which are pupils of School No. 1. At the opening of the exhibition, the students of Kurgan learned a lot about some kinds of dinosaurs, and young artists received gift sets of postcards "Father's Land" as a gift.
Where else is it worth to visit the tourists
The sights of the mound are quite diverse, so do not limit yourself to an examination of the local museum of local lore alone. Among the objects from the category must see there are also:
- a monument to the hero of the famous feature film "White Sun of the Desert", an uncompromising customs officer Pavel Vereshchagin, who was installed at Burov-Petrov Street, 132;
- Kurgan Aviation Museum (41 Gagarina St.), which is the only one in the territory of Siberia and the Urals;
- The Museum of the Decembrists (Klimova St., 80), housed in a historic house where, since 1832, one of the participants in the uprising, Colonel M.M. Naryshkin;
- an old fire tower (Kuibysheva Street, 62) of original architecture, which appeared in the city in 1891.
Now you know the information about the well-knownsights of Kurgan - Local History Museum. Once in this city, be sure to visit there to learn a lot of interesting things about its inhabitants, the surrounding nature and the events that took place there for 300 years.