Banana jam: the secrets of cooking
Jam from a banana is very tasty and sweet, besides it is also useful. But that it was so, you need to follow certain rules of preparation.
How to choose bananas for jam?
To banana jam had a rich taste andthe correct gentle consistency, it is important to choose the right ingredient correctly. Bananas should be ripe, but not overripe, not black, but hard and yellow. Green fruit will not work. The magnitude of them, in fact, does not matter, so you can choose any.
List of ingredients
Before you learn how to make jam from bananas,should understand what ingredients should be part of its composition. So, for preparation it is required: 1 kg of bananas, 600-700 grams of sugar, 1 glass of water, 1 teaspoon of citric acid. It's all.
How to cook jam from bananas?
Now it's time to write about how to make banana jam. Below is a detailed step-by-step instruction.
1. First you need to prepare bananas. They should first be peeled off, and then cut in any way: rings, slices or cubes, it does not matter.
2. Now you need to prepare the syrup. To do this, pour the water in a saucepan and put it on the fire. You can immediately add sugar and dissolve it, stirring constantly. The fire must be slow, so that nothing burns out. When the composition begins to boil, you can proceed to the next stage.
3. Now you can put bananas in a pot. The fire should be reduced to a minimum. Jam from bananas should be a little bubbling. During the boiling process, foam will form. It will need to be removed so that the consistency is homogeneous.
4. Jam from a banana will cook about half an hour. But if you want it to be thick and similar to jam, then the cooking time should be increased by 15-20 minutes. Accordingly, the volumes from this decrease. And if you absolutely want to keep the pieces, the duration of the cooking process should not exceed 20 minutes. Taste qualities, by the way, will not suffer from this.
6. When the jam changes the color (it becomes a little pinkish), you can add citric acid by dissolving it.
5. Jam from a banana is ready, you can eat it or close it for the winter. Do not forget to sterilize the cans before canning.
Below are some useful tips that will help you make perfect jam.
1. If you choose hard, slightly unripe bananas, they will not fall apart during the boiling process (some like to feel the pieces). But the amount of sugar will need to be increased.
2. To get a jam with a homogeneous puree-like consistency, you need not cut the bananas, but grind them on a blender, pass through a meat grinder or grate it.
3. If you add in the banana jam, for example, oranges together with zest, it will have an unusual exotic taste. Try to use other fruits or berries, experiment. You can also add cinnamon, vanilla or something else to improve the taste.
It remains only to add that everyone can cook bananas jam if they follow certain rules.