Pain in the arms and legs: causes and consequences
Many of us are familiar with the feeling of pain in the hands orfeet. Someone has this problem rarely, others suffer from unbearable pain all the time. In any case, pain in the hands and feet, if it is not an isolated case, signals about problems in the body. And there are a lot of reasons for such ailment.
Pain disrupts the habitual rhythm of life, we experiencediscomfort. The limbs can hurt themselves, but sometimes the pain in both hands and feet can manifest as a consequence of malfunctions in other organs. These pains are called irradiative.
Pain giving in the legs
Sometimes, referring to a doctor with a complaint of painsensations in the legs, the person hears a completely unexpected diagnosis. There are a number of pathologies of internal organs, in which pain can spread to other parts of the body, including the lower extremities. For example, if stones are present in the urinary tract, pain can be given to the upper thigh. The soreness of the anterior surface of the thighs can be a sign of diseases such as sarcoma, lymphoma, and carcinoma. In addition, pain in the legs can be felt in diseases of the spine, chronic prostatitis and in the last months of pregnancy.
Pain that radiates into hands
Painful sensations that are given in hands,can be a consequence of heart diseases, intervertebral hernia, osteochondrosis, ulcers or perforated stomach ulcers, diseases of the nervous and endocrine systems. In this case, pain can be felt in one or both hands.
Diseases that provoke pain
The most common diseases thatprovoke pain in the hands, feet, back, are arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism. In addition, the cause of painful sensations are fractures, bruises and other injuries, vascular disease, paralysis, neuritis, skin diseases, cerebral palsy.
This is a condition in which there is a spasm inmuscles. Pain sensations are caused by the appearance in the muscles of special points (trigger). When you press on them, there is a lot of pain. Almost all faced this problem throughout life.
The reasons that contribute to the emergence of suchpains - it's kyphosis, flat feet, stretching, muscle overload, nervous overstrain, prolonged exposure in an uncomfortable position, immobilization after injuries, hypothermia of the muscles. All these states lead to micro-traumas in the muscles, as a result of which a trigger point arises in them, which causes pain. Pain sensations can be weak, and very intense. Muscles weaken, but do not atrophy.
Pain in the hands and feet also occurs with myositis. With acute purulent myositis, the pain is very strong, the affected area swells. The patient's body temperature rises, weakness and chills appear, and changes in the blood indicate inflammation.
With neognomous myositis, the only symptom may be pain. In this case, muscle weakness is not pronounced.
Myositis, caused by autoimmune diseases, is characterized by increasing muscle weakness and moderate soreness.
As a consequence of injuries, a special kind of myositis occurs, in which the connection of calcium compounds occurs in the connective tissues.
Phantom pain in both arms and legs has several properties:
- A person experiences pain even after healingdamaged tissues. Some people have pain, others feel them for dozens of years, even after the final healing of the damage. Sometimes the painful sensations are similar to those that preceded amputation. Trigger zone can occur in a healthy area of the same or opposite side of the body. A careful touch to a healthy limb can cause severe pain in the phantom part of the body.
- Decreased somatic impulses canto achieve a long-term relief of the condition. The introduction of anesthetic drugs into the sensitive areas or nerves of the stump stops the pain for a long time and even forever, although the effect lasts only a few hours.
- Long-term reduction of pain canTo be caused also by amplification of sensory impulses. The introduction of hypertonic solution in certain areas causes painful sensations that irradiate into the phantom part of the body and last for ten minutes. Then the pain disappears partially or completely for several hours, days or forever. The method of vibration stimulation, electrostimulation of the stump muscles also contributes to the improvement of the patient's condition.
Smoking cessation and pain
A person who decided to quit smoking,there is pain in the hands and feet as a smoking withdrawal syndrome. In addition to pain in muscles and joints, a person's immunity decreases, pressure jumps, anxiety, depression, appetite increases, problems with falling asleep, neuroses, headaches, cough. The body does not receive the usual dose of nicotine, this is stressful for him.
Pain in children
Pain in the hands and feet of a child who hasepisodic, often associated with unusual load, minor injuries and muscle strain. If your child after exercising feels pain in the limbs, you may need to reduce his level of physical activity. Such complaints do not require treatment to a specialist, a cold compress, a tablet of paracetamol or ibuprofen will help ease the condition. Pain in the hands and feet of a child in a period of intense development can be a sign of the so-called "pain of growth". They occur mainly at night and pass without treatment. Relieve the condition will help dry warm compress.
If the pain is accompanied by fever, a cough and runny nose, a sore throat, then most likely the cause of this condition is in the cold.
When to contact a doctor
- Painful joint flushed and hot to the touch, the child has a high fever. These symptoms are typical for rheumatological diseases.
- If strong pain sensations appear in thea certain place, the skin around this area is swollen and hot. It is necessary to consult a specialist to exclude infections of bones, skin or joints.
- An appeal to the doctor is also necessary if the pain is regular and intense, and the child feels constant fatigue.
Before physical examination it is necessary to exclude physical activity.
What to do with pains in the limbs
Often tenderness in the arms and legs arisesafter unusual physical exertion. In this case, a hot bath will help, which will relax and soothe overloaded muscles. In the water, you can add sea salt or pine extract. A good effect is having a massage, but it is better to entrust this procedure to a specialist.
But if you feel pain in your hands and feet, the causeswhich you do not know, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. The reasons for this condition can be quite harmless, but may also pose a serious threat to your health.
Pain in both hands and feet requiresa qualified physician, which consists of a visual examination, the delivery of tests, additional examination methods (X-ray or tomography). Sometimes there is a need for an ultrasound examination. Based on the results, the doctor will prescribe a course of treatment suitable for your case.