The vein on the leg has bursted: the possible reasons and features of treatment
Occlusion of vessels of the lower limbs - frequentthe reason for calling a phlebologist and a vascular surgeon. Varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis affect men and women, and the latter visit medical institutions more often because of the aesthetic defect of the legs - protruding branched veins above the surface of the skin.
The appearance of a vascular network in the foot,shin, inner and back surface of the thigh indicates the stagnation of blood, leading to fragility of capillaries and larger vessels. In many cases, patients seek help from a medical institution with the appearance of the first signs of the disease, and after the vein has broken on the leg, a hematoma has formed, or there has been a restriction of mobility. To sound an alarm is necessary at the first symptoms - the appearance of a red (blue) net on the legs.
Varicose veins: the mechanism of development of the pathology of the vessels of the lower extremities
"Varicose veins" in translation from the Latin languagemeans "swelling". The formation of nodes, enlarged sections of veins at the initial level occurs due to a decrease in the natural production of collagen and elastin in the walls of the vessels, the atrophy of cells in the muscle tissue of the veins. To provoke the disease can genetic factor, external causes (heavy physical activity, long walking, increased body mass index).
How does the pathology arise? In the presence of contributing factors, venous valves cease to cope with the blood flow, reflux occurs (return flow) of the fluid. If the unfavorable factors are of a permanent nature, the leukocytes are attached to endothelial cells, grouped, the inflammatory process begins. As a result, venous walls along the entire lower bed become inflamed, venous valves suffer, large vessels are stretched, forming "pockets". A person with walking experiences a feeling of heaviness in the legs and discomfort. Visually at the initial stage the disease is expressed by edema, the appearance of vascular asterisks, reticulums on the surface of the skin.
Causes of ruptured veins
Have you had a vein on your leg? What is the reason? The pathological process in the vessels appears long before the appearance of external signs of the disease. The reasons for the rupture of the vein include:
- physical overstrain, long walking;
- shoes that do not fit the size of the foot;
- hypothermia of the lower extremities in winter;
- use of oral contraceptives;
- dysfunction of the hormonal glands;
- period of gestation in women;
- physiological disorder of the menstrual cycle (menopause);
- postpartum period;
- irradiation with ultraviolet rays;
- trauma, burns, frostbite;
- alcohol and nicotine abuse;
- increased body mass index;
- hereditary factor.
Consequences of late application to a doctor
In most cases, visit the doctoris postponed due to lack of free time, unwillingness to make out a sick leave, misunderstanding of the seriousness of the ailment. In addition to the limitation of mobility, the violation of venous blood flow threatens to destroy the wall of a large vessel, internal and external bleeding.
Your veins on your leg have burst. Why? Provoke a gap in the vein can be hard shoes with high heels, tight clothing, bruises, stretching of the articular ligaments when walking. If the vein on the leg breaks, the bruise is a clear sign of internal bleeding. The pain symptom is often absent, a person does not immediately learn about the problem. External bleeding is also not accompanied by pain, but the vein rupture is diagnosed in the first minutes of a hemorrhage - the patch of clothing on the leg becomes wet.
In the absence of drug treatment, rupture of the vessel entails dangerous consequences. These include:
- thrombus rupture;
- the formation of trophic ulcers at the site of destruction of the vessel wall;
Symptoms of venous bleeding
Early symptoms of pathology include the presence of non-receding edema in the evening and after sleep, nodular formations on the legs of blue, pain in walking, rapid fatigue.
If the vein on the leg breaks, the blood can flow out or into the tissues. With external bleeding observed:
- copious flow of blood;
- retardation of the formation of an elastic clot (insufficient clotting of blood);
- a sharp drop in blood pressure;
- pallor of the skin.
- formation of a hematoma at the site of the vein rupture;
- with extensive pathology - lowering blood pressure;
- loss of consciousness;
- feeling of fear.
The vein on the leg broke: first aid
Violation of the integrity of the vein can occur inthe most unexpected moment, in an unsuitable place. If a person was on the street, away from the pharmacy, you should immediately call for emergency help. Prior to the arrival of doctors, it is recommended to take important actions independently. In case of poor health, you should ask for help from unauthorized persons, since excessive bleeding can lead to collapse and death.
What if the vein on the leg has burst? The tactics of the action are as follows:
- Call the ambulance.
- Find in a bag a clean napkin or handkerchief. In the absence of material - ask the passers-by.
- If the vein ruptured in the forest, away from the village: remove the shirt, tear off a piece of tissue, fold it into four layers and press the tissue to the point of rupture of the vessel.
- Collapse the clothes in a small cushion, press them a napkin on the wound.
- From the belt, belt or scarf make an improvised tourniquet, tighten the leg below the wound (10 cm).
- If there is no belt, you need to press the palm of your hand into the place of the vein rupture, covered with a cloth.
- In case the vein burst inside the leg in the city: ask passers-by to buy a hemostatic sponge in the pharmacy. The material for stopping the blood is put under the napkin, closer to the wound surface.
- Adopt the position "lying", raise the limb upward above the shoulder girdle by thirty centimeters.
- If the victim or passers-by were at hand frozen food, make an improvised cold compress; apply a compress to the bleeding site (up to thirty minutes).
The vein on the leg has burst: treatment
If a small vessel is damaged,the inflammatory focus has small boundaries, the phlebologist applies classical therapeutic treatment with the help of medications that improve blood supply. He can also offer the patient microsclerotherapy: a special substance is injected into the vein, after which the resorption of the venous site occurs within twenty to twenty-five days.
If there was an extensive hemorrhage ininternal tissues or outward, surgery is indicated - removal of the vessel to restore blood flow. For injuries of moderate severity, the doctor may apply a ligation of the trunk of the vessel. Modern medicine offers a modification procedure called "Elos" - coagulation. Procedure: a high-frequency current or a laser beam is injected into the damaged vessel, under the influence of which the fusion point "fuses".
"Grandma's" recipes: how to treat varicose veins (traditional medicine)?
In the old days people were able to strengthen the vessels and fightwith disease of veins with the help of medicinal plants, broths, lotions of medicinal herbs. Attention: treatment of diseases of the lower extremities associated with ruptured veins is recommended to be performed only under the supervision of the attending physician. Traditional medicine is only a concomitant factor, accelerating the processes of recovery, strengthening of blood vessels.
- Recipe 1: Make at home whey. In the absence of time, you can replace the serum with ordinary sour milk. Pick fresh fern leaves; to pass a plant through a meat grinder. Mix the ingredients of the medicinal composition in an equal ratio 1: 1. Apply the solution to the swollen veins for five days. After a week, it is recommended to repeat the course of treatment.
- Recipe 2: An excellent remedy for swollen veins ishoney compress. Before applying, it is recommended to test for an allergic reaction: lubricate the inner surface of the ankle with a small amount of honey. Estimate the result after 2 hours. If after the application of honey there is no redness, burning, peeling - a recipe based on honey can be used.
For a compress it is recommended to take a small piecelinen cloth (40x50); fold it in four layers, grease with honey. Apply a compress to the damaged leg area. Honey wrap should be done in the evening before bedtime. In the morning remove the compress, wash the honey with running water.
- Recipe 3: Tincture of Kalanchoe. To prepare the solution, it is recommended to take fresh leaves of Kalanchoe (200 g). In a 0.5 liter bottle, place the chopped leaves of the plant, pour alcohol-containing solution (vodka, moonshine). Place the dishes with a solution in a cool dark place. Every day, shake the bottle with the tincture. After seven days, the drug is ready: lubricate the feet daily twice (morning and evening), moving from the foot to the hips. Treatment is carried out for three months.
The popular proverb says: "It is better to warn ailment than to treat it later". To avoid serious problems with the veins of people at risk, it is recommended to adhere to the main rules:
- Eliminate bad habits from the habitual way of life (quit smoking, use excessive alcohol).
- Include in the diet of vitamin D, F, fish and seafood.
- Eat vegetable oil from corn, flaxseed, soy, nuts, sunflower.
- After a long stay on the legs, training in the gym to apply contrasting dipping of the lower limbs.
- When excessive body weight is recommended under the supervision of a specialist to form a competent diet to reduce weight.
- To include light physical exercises in day mode: aerobics, jogging, stretching exercises.
- After physical exertion it is recommended to raise the legs above the head level by thirty centimeters within three minutes.
If a person has the first signs of a violation of the circulation of the lower extremities, it is recommended to wear special underwear or to wrap the legs with elastic bandages before going out.