The stomach is sick at pregnancy - an occasion for excitement
The state of pregnancy is associated not only withpleasant emotions, but also with a certain discomfort, which manifests itself in all different ways. Often women complain that they have a stomach ache during pregnancy. Do not ignore this symptom, as an early diagnosis will help to establish the cause of painful sensations.
Hurts stomach during pregnancy: signs
First, you need to identify correctlyThe source of pain, not confusing with intestinal diseases. The stomach is located above the navel under the costal arch of the thorax. As a rule, painful sensations arise in the fourth left intercostal space. A woman should listen to her body and remember such phenomena to tell the doctor how the stomach hurts during pregnancy.
Attributes to which attention should be paid:
- unpleasant pain after consuming sour and rough food. If she is dull and aching, this can mean chronic gastritis;
- Cramping and sharp pains, which increase one hour after the reception of the meal. Can be indicative of serious diseases of the esophagus, ulcer of the duodenum, stomach cancer;
- Stitching and cutting painful sensations of intense character. Often lead to pain shock and are symptoms of a perforated ulcer or duodenitis;
- The stomach hurts strongly. Prolonged burning pain occurs with gastritis;
- sensation of raspiranija and gravity in a stomach means presence of a cholecystitis, a pancreatitis or a colitis.
If the stomach hurts during pregnancy, then do not panic and look for the listed diseases. Inform your gynecologist and he will prescribe tests and recommend treatment.
Still what can be the reason that the stomach hurts during pregnancy?
During the gestation of a child in the body of a woman there are many changes. As a consequence, discomfort in the stomach can be associated with physiological changes:
- an increase in the uterus, which presses on internal organs;
- an increase in the level of the hormone progesterone. It relaxes the walls of the intestines, which causes unpleasant sensations.
The stomach also hurts during pregnancy as a result of:
- overeating, or the use of "heavy" and rough food;
- physical stress with the tension of the abdominal muscles;
- reactions to an allergenic product;
- a viral or infectious disease;
- suffered trauma or stress.
If the future mother had previously suffered from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, then during the bearing of the child these diseases can become aggravated.
Prevention of stomach diseases
In order to avoid unpleasant sensations and have a healthy stomach and intestines, the following recommendations should be observed:
- adhere to a balanced dietary intake. Exclude from the diet fried, salty, sour and smoked food;
- eat small portions;
- add more fruits and vegetables to your diet, and exclude bakery products;
- do not eat cabbage, peas and beans, since these products contribute to the formation of gases in the stomach.
When a painful experience does not occurtake chemical preparations. Make a choice in favor of homeopathy, as well as decoctions of herbs, such as chamomile. Before taking any medication, you should get the advice of an observing gynecologist.