"Analgin" preparation: instructions for use, dosage, side effects
The preparation "Analgin" instructions for usecharacterizes as an anesthetic (or non-narcotic analgesic), a substance of synthetic origin, based on sodium metamizole. The high effectiveness of the drug in the fight against severe pain is due to the overwhelming effect that it can have on the painful substances causing the pain (endogenous cells).
Rapid absorption of "Analgin"allows to use it in those periods when it becomes necessary to quickly achieve the highest possible concentration of active substance in the patient's blood. Sometimes, for this purpose, it is more effective to use a solution of the drug administered subcutaneously (intramuscularly) or intravenously. But it is worth remembering that in the case of direct administration to the blood, the maximum allowable dose is reduced by about half in comparison with oral intake.
The main indications, according to which the reception of the preparation "Analgin" is admissible, the instruction for use calls:
- High body temperature of the patient caused by febrile conditions of any genesis;
- Pain sensations developing in the head area,pelvic organs, migraine, periodic pain in women. It is worth noting that with pain in the chest, heart, as well as with pain in the abdominal cavity, one of the most ineffective drugs is Analgin, the use of which in the above cases will not bring any relief to the patient.
- Inflammatory diseases, accompanied by the appearance of pain syndromes of different strength - radiculitis, chorea, neuralgia.
When taking Analgin, you need to take into account the fact that substances such as phenobarbital, vitamin B1, codeine can enhance its action and accelerate the absorption process into the blood.
"Analgin" preparation: dosage and application rules
The drug is taken orally, or injected intravenously or intramuscularly.
When ingestion the drug should be taken after meals, washed down with a small amount of water (without gas).
The average dose for adults with strong heador other pains - from 0.25 to 0.5 g when taking the drug two to three times a day. With rheumatism or neurological problems, the maximum dose can reach up to 1 g three times a day. For children, the volume can not exceed 5-10 μg per kilogram of weight, due to a faster metabolism than adults, the drug can be administered up to 4 times a day.
Side effects, contraindications and overdose
The main contraindications for taking the preparation "Analgin" instructions for use are the following:
- The first trimester of pregnancy. It should be noted that in the remaining months of bearing the fetus, you must take the drug with caution. Long-term use or high dosage can have a negative effect on the development of the kidneys or liver of the child. It is also not recommended to use Analgin during lactation.
- Diseases of the hematopoiesis.
Side effects that can occur whenlong-term use of the drug, are, first of all, violations of the functions of the hemopoiesis, as well as all kinds of allergic manifestations. Also, with a tendency to kidney disease, taking the drug may cause a disruption in their function.
When there are signs of drug overdose"Analgin", the instruction for use recommends that the patient should wash the stomach, take the drugs that have an absorbing effect, and, if necessary, carry out symptomatic therapy. The signs of an overdose include:
- vestibular disorders;
- nausea and vomiting;
- aplastic anemia. </ ul </ p>