Sinus tachycardia in a child: symptoms and treatment
In children, the heart pulse is significantly higher thanof an adult. This is due to the high body requirement for oxygen and rapid metabolism. In addition, kids are constantly in motion. But sometimes the rhythm of the heart begins to exceed the norm. And after the examination, sinus tachycardia is diagnosed in the child. What is this pathology and how to treat it?
Characteristics of pathology
Let's look at what constitutessinus tachycardia in a child. As mentioned above, this disease is associated with an increase in the frequency of cardiac contractions. Pulse may significantly exceed the age norm. Such a rhythm is formed from the sinus node, which is a pulse generator, which determines the frequency of contractions. A wave of excitement appears in it. It extends to the entire heart muscle and promotes its synchronous functioning.
Sinus tachycardia in a child can be prolonged or transient (situational).
Increasing the pulse is, as a rule, the body's response to the impact of internal and external factors:
- mental stress;
- physical exercise;
- prolonged hypoxia;
- pathology of the heart, lungs.
Initially it should be said that sinustachycardia in a child of 6 years and at a young age is often considered the norm. Such children do not need any treatment. These violations are of a periodic nature. Over time, they pass by themselves. An increase in the pulse to 100-160 beats per minute, which arose as a result of stress, physical exertion, hyperthermia, prolonged exposure in a stuffy room, is not a sign of pathology. But if this condition is accompanied by additional symptoms (we'll talk about it later), the kid will need treatment of professionals. And special attention should be paid to pathology in the event that the violation is found in a perfectly healthy crumb, which was in a calm state.
What can lead to the development of such a violation? Doctors say that sinus tachycardia appears, as a rule, as a result of the following reasons:
- heart failure (congenital);
- anemia or hypoglycemia;
- defeat of the central nervous system.
In older age, the sources of the disease in children can be:
- unevenly developing bodies, leading to malfunctioning;
- stressful situations;
- diseases of the cardiovascular and nervous systems;
- too high physical exertion;
- violation of the thyroid gland.
To determine which pulse is considered a symptom of tachycardia, you should familiarize yourself with the age norms. Physicians give the following indicators:
- babies up to 5 months - 140-160;
- children 6 months - 130-135;
- crumbs of 1 year - 120-125;
- children 2 years old - 110-115;
- kids in 3-4 years - 105-110;
- children 5-7 years - 100-105;
- schoolchildren 8-9 years - 90-100;
- children 10-12 years old - 80-85;
- adolescents with 12 years old - 70-75.
Pathology is diagnosed ifthe pulse rate exceeds by 10-60% the specified age norms. Thus, sinus tachycardia is suspected in the child for 1 year at rates above 140 strokes.
However, the development of pathology is indicated not only by the number of cardiac contractions. Additional symptoms characterizing the ailment are:
- pain in the region of the heart;
- sudden dizziness;
- shortness of breath for no reason;
- darkness in the eyes with sudden movements;
- fainting condition.
This is manifested pronounced sinus tachycardia in a child.
To identify this disease, the doctor appoints special examinations:
- Electrocardiogram. Sinus tachycardia in children on the ECG is quite clearly manifested. The results show a violation of the periodicity and intensity of heart contractions. Teeth on the cardiogram, as well as the intervals between them allow the doctor to quickly diagnose.
- Ultrasound. The study assesses the functioning of the heart and the condition of the valves.
- A blood test for the amount of thyroid hormones gives an idea of the possible causes of tachycardia.
- MRI allows you to identify heart disease, provoking diseases.
- Electrocardiogram for Halter. Such a study provides an opportunity to fix the functioning of the heart within 1 day. With the help of this survey is determined by the work of the body under various loads.
- Electrophysiological research allows to study the mechanisms of pathology by the method of pulse distribution over the heart.
Methods of treatment
Methods of dealing with the pathology is enoughambiguous. If the symptoms of tachycardia are absent, and the baby feels good, then he may well do without medication. However, these children are recommended to systematically undergo repeated examinations and visit a cardiologist. If the child’s sinus tachycardia occurs with unpleasant symptoms, then drug therapy is mandatory. At the same time, children are recommended to take drugs developed mainly for adults. That is why doctors prescribe them very carefully, selecting the correct dosage and treatment regimen.
As a rule, therapy consists of the following groups of drugs:
- sedatives medications;
- medicines involved in blood formation;
- vitamin complexes;
- cardiac glycosides (if the problem is in the heart).
It is extremely dangerous and is contraindicated independently.experiment with medicines! With such a pathology, only a cardiologist should prescribe medications. In case of a disease provoked by stressful situations, decoctions of soothing herbs are prescribed: motherwort, valerian, peppermint.
Relief of attack
Parents should be prepared for the fact that at any time the child may have a sharp negative symptoms. If there was an attack, you must act as follows:
- Be sure to provide air access. Open the collar, hold up or move the baby to the window.
- Put a cool towel on your forehead.
- Ask the child to take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds. This simple procedure allows to reduce the pulse.
If these actions were not enough, and the condition of the baby does not improve, then immediately call the doctors.
To avoid the occurrence of a disease such as sinus tachycardia in a child, carefully monitor the health of the baby.
It is very important to provide the following prevention:
- The baby should rest normally.
- It is necessary to provide good nutrition.
- It is important to protect your baby from stress.
- Ensure daily stay in the fresh air.
- Properly dose physical activity, especially if the child is involved in sports or is an amateur of outdoor games.
- Parents need to eliminate all bad habits. After all, they have a very negative impact on the health of babies.
Sinus tachycardia is not considered severe.disease. However, monitoring the condition of the child is very important. And if the doctor prescribed medication, then it is necessary to comply with such therapy in full.