Gymnastics with a hernia of the lumbar spine: exercises
Life is motion. Hardly anyone will argue with this true. Even those people who periodically have pain, it is necessary. But the main thing is to move correctly. For any ailment developed their own complexes of exercises. The secret of their effectiveness is simple. Strengthening the muscles, improving blood circulation, occurring during regular activities, help fight the disease. Invaluously important role played by gymnastics in the hernia of the lumbar spine. Strengthening the muscle tissue, it allows you to save yourself from unnecessary strain. In addition, it helps improve the nutrition of intervertebral disc tissues. Namely, they need it most.
Opinion of doctors
Most specialists are inclined to think thatit is gymnastics in the hernia of the lumbar spine is the most effective method of treatment. After all, medicinal preparations can relieve the pain syndrome in the period of exacerbation. Massage and physiotherapy methods only temporarily stimulate blood circulation in tissues. And only gymnastics with a hernia of the lumbar region can give a stable and lasting effect. Thus, a patient engaged in physical education, provides a long-term result, rather than a short-term result.
Effects on the body
Therapeutic exercises with a hernia of the lumbar spine are prescribed in the remission stage, because the painful syndrome can make the learning process completely impossible.
The sports complex is aimed at:
- Strengthening of muscles. This greatly reduces the burden of the spine, increases the intervertebral distance.
- Removal of compression of spinal nerves.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
- Restoration of patient mobility.
Gymnastics with a hernia of the lumbar regionThe spine should be used regularly. It is best to choose for her evening time. The load on the spine should increase gradually. This recommendation applies to the amplitude.
Before the beginning of the gym, relax as much as possiblemuscle. Try to avoid the characteristic crunch. It is recommended to begin to engage in exercise therapy from the moment when the pain impulse is silent. With such an ailment, swimming is effective.
Lumbar hernia is developing enoughlong. This diagnosis is the result of long-term factors that adversely affect the body. As a rule, degenerative processes result in impaired metabolism, age changes, and inadequate physical activity. Before the lessons should initially get rid of the pain. And only after removing the main symptom of the disease, you can go to physical education.
Exercises with a hernia of the lumbar spine are performed only with strict adherence to the following rules:
- Very carefully listen to the sensations. After all, each hernia is different in its own direction. If during physical training of discomfortable feelings does not cause a hernia of the lumbar spine, the exercises are completely suitable for you. The appearance of the slightest pain sensations is a signal to more cautious and accurate execution of the complex. In the case of acute impulsive lumbago during physical training sessions, it is necessary to postpone the exercises for a couple of weeks. After a certain time, you can return to the class.
- Eliminate all elements containing torso twists. With a herniated spine, they are not recommended.
- Avoid sharp, shock movements in the back area.
- Try to carry out the complex often. It is recommended to repeat it up to 5 times a day.
Contraindications to exercise
Before proceeding to an effective complex, it is worthwhile to understand: does this method apply to all patients? After all, there are times when physical education can lead to undesirable effects.
So, with the diagnosis of "hernia of the lumbar spine," the exercise is not recommended in the following cases:
- the patient has a disturbed rhythm of the heart;
- with severe pain syndrome;
- with a tendency to frequent bleeding;
- during exacerbation of chronic ailments;
- at acute stages of infectious diseases.
Gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky
Effective are the developedknown physician exercises with a hernia of the lumbar spine. Bubnovsky provided the world with unique complexes called "kinesitherapy" or "adaptive gymnastics." The doctor created exercises, the purpose of which is to eliminate hypodynamia. After all, it is often low mobility that leads to the development of many diseases, including the intervertebral hernia.
Gymnastics with a hernia of the lumbar spine according to Bubnovsky consists of many exercises. Let's consider some of them.
The complex of activities performed on all fours
- Relax all muscles as much as possible. Take a deep breath. Slowly, very gently curl your back. As you exhale, gently bend over. Repetition is recommended to do 20. Do not forget that all movements are performed smoothly. If you feel pain during exercise, lower the amplitude. Or do not do it for a while at all.
- Standing on all fours, lean on your knees andpalms. Slowly bend forward. Lunge as much as possible. Do not bend your elbows. Gently return to the starting position. It is necessary to repeat this exercise 20-30 times.
- From the position on all four slowly sink to your left leg. Slow down on it, pull it back right. The left hand should be raised forward. Do the same for the right foot.
- Freely extend your arms along the body. Take a deep breath. Exhale very slowly, while tearing the pelvis off the floor. Try to lift it to the maximum permissible height. On inhalation, return to the initial position. Movement should be as smooth as possible. Categorically contraindicated sharp attacks. Implement at least 20 approaches.
- Lying on your back, put your hands under your head. Raise the elbows vertically upwards. Bend your legs at right angles. Press your chin against your chest. Slowly, very carefully lift the case. Try to touch the elbows of the knees. It is very important to observe your feelings. The pain should not increase. Otherwise, this activity can greatly damage the spine. Return to the starting position also slowly and smoothly. Repeat the exercise several times. Feeling tired in muscle tissue, stop it.
Complex of exercise therapy
Sufficiently effective are the followingExercise with a hernia of the lumbar spine. The photo demonstrates the technique of performing some of them. This complex is aimed at strengthening the entire muscular corset and ligaments.
- Get on all fours. At the same time, raise your right foot with your left arm. In the accepted position, hold for just seconds to 5. Next, do the exercise for the other pair of limbs.
- Lie on your back. Relax. Legs bend and rest against the surface of the floor. Raising the pelvis, hold it in this position for a couple of seconds. At this time, the main emphasis should be on the feet and shoulders. Carefully and smoothly return to the starting position.
- Turn over on the stomach. Place your hands under your chin. Seconds for 5-7 tear off the surface of the head, shoulders, chest and hands. Try to bend in the lower back. The lower part of the trunk (abdomen, pelvis and legs) should lie motionless on the floor.
- Stay on your stomach. Hands are placed along the body. Head and shoulders at the inspiration pull to the feet. On exhalation, return to the initial position.
- Lie on your back. Maximize straight. Pull the toes to your feet. At this time, aim at the chest with your chin. Do not forget that the exercise is done smoothly, without sudden movements.
Classes for the acute stage of the disease
Remember: The exercises with a hernia of the lumbar spine should be selected by the attending physician. If you independently embark on physical education, be sure to focus on the feelings you have.
For the acute period of the disease, the following classes are recommended:
- Put a chair in the middle of the room. It's better if he does not have a backrest. Put a sponge or a soft pillow on it. Lie down on your stomach. In this position, your spine will bend in natural places. This will allow the hernia to stop squeezing the nerve endings. You will feel the pain decrease. In addition, this exercise provides training of the muscular framework, stimulates spinal sprain. During execution, breathe deeply, using the upper half of the chest.
- The tension in the muscles of the back can be removed by applyinggreat gymnastic ball. Lay your back on him. Slowly perform reciprocating rotations. A ball with spines will also provide stimulation of the blood supply, performing a kind of massage.
- To stretch the spine, you can useinclined bench for the Swedish wall. In the absence of any suitable board. The upper edge is fixed at a meter height from the floor surface. The second end is fixed on the floor. To the upper part, you should attach the straps, in which the hands will be fixed. On the surface of the patient lies down on his stomach. In the most relaxed state, you need to spend some time. This occupation causes a soft sprain of the entire spine. It almost never causes discomfort and is suitable for patients with hernias of any age.
Patients quite often believe that gymnasticswith a hernia of the lumbar spine - a rather doubtful and ineffective measure to combat the disease. However, it is the main and the most optimal method of treating the existing hernia. After all, special exercises not only strengthen muscle tissue, but also stimulate blood circulation, relieve tension from the entire vertebral column.