Immunoenzyme analysis: application and features of the
Immunoenzyme analysis - laboratorya study based on the detection of "antigen-antibody" complexes with the help of a special enzymatic label, which is revealed due to a change in the color of the substrate. The main purpose of this analysis is to determine the availability of various products of enzymatic reactions in test samples.
It is worth noting the following advantages of this laboratory study:
• high sensitivity, which makes it possible to detect even a small number of molecules of the corresponding substances;
• for this analysis, a minimum number of test materials can be used;
• the ability to store all components that are necessary for analysis for a long time;
• ease of implementation;
• availability of instrumental and visual results;
• the enzyme immunoassay is automated at each stage of the reaction;
• The relatively low cost of the sets that are used for diagnosis.
These advantages make it possible to widely use ELISA in various fields of medicine, including for the diagnosis of viruses.
The most common method of immobilizationantibodies and antigens is the adsorption reaction when individual molecules attach to the solid phase (due to ionic or hydrophobic interactions or due to the formation of a hydrogen bond).
• for detection of antigens of pathogens of various infections;
• to determine the presence of antibodies to the antigen of pathological microorganisms (it should be noted that with the help of ELISA, almost any sexual infection can be detected).
To conduct this serodiagnosis applyspecial polystyrene tablet. It has 96 holes, on the side surfaces of which the antigen is adsorbed. When the serum is injected into the cells of the plate, appropriate antibodies are attached to the antigen. When a subsequent addition of labeled antibody to human immunoglobulins passes a specific reaction. The next treatment of the serum with the chromogen (dye) changes the color of the substrate (in the presence of the corresponding "antigen-antibody" complexes). It should be noted that the intensity of the color is directly proportional to the number of antibodies.
With the help of ELISA, syphilis, viralhepatitis and HIV infection, and also detect cytomegalovirus, chlamydia, and herpes (of various types) in the human body. This analysis also helps to determine the level of hormones, to identify cancer markers.
Where to take tests in Moscow? To date, there are many specialized laboratories that offer a wide variety of serological studies. To obtain a referral, consult a local health center doctor (or a private specialist, to whom you are going). With the test results, you should also go to the doctor. And listen to his comment about the need for any treatment.