Food additives in food products: E471. Influence on the body
Today in the market or in the store it is simply impossiblefind products that do not contain different types of food additives. Often we read on the packaging names of unknown ingredients: E330, E451, E250, E471. Influence on the body of these nutritional supplements is seen only with time: gastritis, ulcer, gastroduodenitis and other diseases of the digestive system. Are nutritional supplements harmful to health? This question probably worries every consumer.
Is it safe to eat foods with additives?
Before allowing such an ingredient inproduction, test its effect on the animal organism and even on humans. If no specific side effects were observed during the experiments, the additive is included in the list of allowed. Such a study is conducted once every 6 months.
How many discussions would there be around the problemsafety of ingredients with the index E, there is still a proven fact: without some of these additives, it is simply impossible to produce a quality product.
Food ingredients with index E are meant to improve the quality of food products.
What are emulsifiers?
Emulsifiers are special substances, the main taskwhich - a quality combination of fatty liquids with water. Plastic properties of emulsifiers contribute to obtaining the desired consistency of the product, its good viscosity.
There are 8 groups of the above substances that are used in the food industry:
- E471 - di- and monoglycerides of fatty acids;
- E422 - ammonium salts of phosphatidyl acid;
- E322 - phosphatides, lecithins;
- E472e - esters of organic and fatty acids;
- Е432-436 - polysorbates, twins;
- E473 - sucrose esters;
- E491-496 - sorbitan esters;
- E476 - esters of polyglycerol and acids of ricinil.
Reduction of the energy of surface-active substances,which are part of the necessary for mixing products, is the main task of E422, E322, E472e, E476, E491-496, E473. The same can be said about the emulsifier E471. What is it and its effect on the body, can only be explained by an experienced specialist. A simple person to understand these "yeshki" is quite difficult.
Emulsifier E471: what is it?
The above substance is the most common among other stabilizers. Its other name is mono and diglycerides of fatty acids.
The main functions of E471 are:
- a qualitative connection of compound liquids;
- improvement in viscosity and consistency (stabilizing agent);
- increase the shelf life of products.
It should be noted that lack of taste is also an advantage of e471. The additive does not affect the taste of ice cream, margarine or mayonnaise.
How is E471 produced?
This food additive is a hoodfrom glycerin and vegetable fats, which are extracted with the help of a special processing process, that is, there is absolutely natural origin. This creamy transparent mass, which is characterized by a complete lack of odor, color and taste.
Raw materials for the manufacture of E471 are vegetable fats. Such substances of animal origin in the production of the above food additive are extremely rare.
Form release E471 - balls, tablets, plates, waxes, liquid.
Where does E471 apply?
- production of margarines and mayonnaises, vegetable oils (E471 is used as an emulsifier, to maintain a stable emulsion and eliminate greasy taste);
- dairy industry (yogurts, ice cream) - is used both for the best foaming process and as an antifoam agent;
- in the meat industry - to slow the separation of fats;
- making sauces and creams;
- production of chocolate and even baby food;
- making various types of baking, crackers, crackers, cookies, muffins, cakes - to facilitate whipping, increasing the volume, for example bread, as well as extending the freshness.
Food supplement E471: effect on the body
This chemical ingredient, according toofficial information, is completely safe for the human body. The documentary permission for application in the food industry in the territory of the countries of Europe and the Russian Federation, of course, has E471. The effect on the body of such a food supplement is minimal. It is considered to be practically harmless. However, there is no acceptable rate of consumption per day E471. The harm of this food stabilizer in case of excessive use is quite likely. Experts argue that if you eat a lot of foods containing this emulsifier, the risk of developing obesity and other diseases increases.
"Emulgator", "food stabilizer", ""Antifoam agent", "expiration date and volume exporter", "flavor improver" - as soon as the E471 manufacturers do not characterize. The effect on the body of this additive is not particularly mentioned. But all the same, given the results of the research, we can agree that harm from the E471 is minimal. You just need to remember that this food ingredient has a high caloric content and fat content. Therefore, it is undesirable to use a large number of products containing E471.