Branches of law
The legal norms, fixed in the legislation, regulating social relations, are subdivided by branches so that it would be easier to navigate in the variety of different legal regulations.
Concept of the branch of law
Under the industry is a system of institutions and normsrights that regulate social relations of the same kind. Each of the branches differs in the subject of legal regulation, that is, a qualitatively homogeneous group of social relations fixed in legal norms. They also differ in the method of regulation, that is, in methods and methods of legal effect on a person.
The main methods are imperative anddispositive. The first method contains strict requirements, mandatory for execution, and the second offers the right to choose. The imperative method is more inherent in such branches as administrative and criminal law. They contain norms for violation of which comes administrative or criminal liability.
The branches of law are divided into public andprivate. The former regulate relations in the spheres of state power, judicial, executive and administrative activities. The second is aimed at securing and protecting private interests.
Main branches of law
1. The basic branch is the Constitutional Law. The subject matter is relations that establish the constitutional system, the form of the state structure, the general principles of the organization of state organs. Constitutional norms have the highest legal force.
2. Criminal law. This industry regulates relations aimed at combating crime. The main source is the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, consisting of the General and Special Parts. The first contains general legal norms, and the second establishes responsibility for committing all kinds of crimes.
3. Criminal Procedure Law. It fixes the procedure for bringing persons to criminal liability, starting with the institution of the case, and ending with the passing of a court verdict. Source - CCP RF.
4. Criminal-executive law. The subject of regulation - the relationship that arose in connection with the execution of penalties. The source is the PEC of the Russian Federation, which fixes the legal status of the convicted persons, the procedure for repaying the criminal record, the order of serving the sentence,
5. Administrative law. The subject of regulation is relations arising in the spheres of maintaining public security and order, public administration. The source is the Administrative Code of the Russian Federation.
1. Labor law. Its norms legally fix the relations of workers and employers. The main source is the RF LC.
2. Family law. Strengthens the norms in the family sphere: relationships are regulated among spouses, parents, children, etc. Source - SC of the Russian Federation.
3. Civil law. Industry norms regulate property, personal non-property relations. Source - Civil Code of the Russian Federation.
4. Civil Procedure Law. It fixes the procedure of civil proceedings (review of the case at the court, the possibility of appeal, etc.) Source - CCP RF.
5. Financial law. The subject of regulation is relations on the formation of the state budget, collection of taxes, expenditure and distribution of public funds.
6. Land law. Norms strengthen relations, in connection with possession, use, disposal of land. The main source is the Land Code of the Russian Federation.
7. Business law. The subject of regulation - the relationship associated with the activities of citizens, legal entities aimed at making a profit from the work and services performed, with the risk of property liability.
In addition, the branches of law are also divided into material (establish the rights and obligations of the subject) and procedural (establish the procedure for the implementation of norms).