The concept of management in education
The general concept of control is connected with the functionorganized systems (biological, technical, social) to ensure their safety, maintain a regime of activity and contribute to the realization of the purpose of the program of activities. When teaching students of pedagogical universities, management is considered in the annex to educational systems: schools, pre-school institutions, centers of additional education, etc. The concept of management is not only studied theoretically and is fixed with the help of solving managerial tasks at seminars, but it is also developed in the framework of pedagogical practice. Students have the opportunity to study and describe the management structure of that educational institution, where they begin their pedagogical activity, and when conducting reports, compare several systems, their structure and effectiveness.
The concept of management acquires a more concretevalue when the principles of management are studied, i.e. those well-established and established ideas that determine the direction of the relevant activity:
- The principle of unity of command and collegiality, withwhich the head of the institution relies on a collective decision, involving all the participants in the educational process in the management organization with the help of the teachers' council, the institution's council, parents, etc.
- The principle of scientific character, in which the management process is built on the basis of scientific knowledge, research results and innovations in the management field.
- The principle of planning. Here the concept of management is seen as the process of realizing the plan in time, i.e. becomes a technological concept with a division of the plan into stages and time periods.
- The principle of incentives, when the manager at work relies on all kinds of stimulation of subordinates: motivation, gratitude, praise, bonus, moderate frustration, competition, etc.
In the classroom, students learn to differentiate betweenmanagement and management of the system. The term "management" always refers to a system. The latter is a collection of separate parts or elements that are in a regular relationship with each other. The notion of a management system means creating conditions not only for preserving the pedagogical system, but also translating it into a new, more perfect quality. The concept of "leadership" includes the process of preserving and developing a separate element, rather than the entire system as a whole. The etymology of this term calls attention to the composition of the word: "hand" and "lead", which indicates a personal relationship in the structure of individual elements, whereas management always refers not to subjects, but to the objects of the educational process.
The education system can be represented asa set of different educational institutions whose activities are united by common principles, both state and educational. The network of educational institutions carries out:
- upbringing of preschool children;
- general secondary education of schoolchildren;
- Out-of-school education and upbringing of children of different ages;
- professional scientific and technical education;
- secondary special education;
- higher profile education;
- retraining of scientific and pedagogical staff;
- raising the level of teachers' qualifications.
The concept of management can be referred topedagogical activity, which is organized in a separate class. The teacher should be able not only to manage the children, but also to manage the team, the educational process. Therefore, in the course "Management of pedagogical systems" students learn not only to manage an institution, but also to study the psychology of people's interaction in a team, methods of regulating relations, solving conflicts, and applying different styles of management in different groups.