Perm province and its history of development
The Perm province played an important role in the history of the Russian Empire.
Permsky district was founded by the order of Catherine II in 1780. Initially, it included 16 counties, and after their number was reduced to 12. They, in turn, were divided into:
- 106 sections of zemstvo chiefs;
- 41 stan;
- 484 volosts;
- 12760 settlements;
- 430000 peasant households.
Permsky district was known for the fact that at itsthe territory was growing bread. Arable land, barley and oats were planted on arable land. In the southern part, wheat and buckwheat prevailed. For domestic consumption, hemp was grown.
Gardening almost did not develop. In the Shadrin district, livestock breeding was conducted, horses were bred. Fishing was not popular, despite the large number of rivers.
The counties of the western part
The Perm province was divided into two parts. It consisted of twelve counties, seven of which were in the western part.
Perm is located in the western part of the province. Its area was more than 27 thousand square kilometers. It is famous for deposits of gold placers, copper and cast-iron ores, and coal. On its territory diamonds were mined. The county was established in 1781, abolished at the end of 1923. The population was more than 240 thousand people.
Krasnoufimsky county was an area of about 22 thousandsquare versts. It is located on the slope of the Ural range. It is rich in forests, ores and various mineral resources. Was formed in early 1781. The population was more than 244 thousand people, half of whom were men.
Kungur county was in the southern part. Rich in shale limestone, plaster layers. More than half of the county was occupied by forests. It was founded in 1781. It was abolished by decree in 1923. It included 25 volosts.
Osinsky county of Perm province was an area of 19thousand square kilometers. From the north it was surrounded by mountains, and from the south - by the steppe. The county was formed in 1781. The population was 284 thousand people. The county was considered the most fertile. In its composition there were 45 volosts. The production of bread was developed. Rye, wheat, oats, poultry, peas and potatoes were sown. They grew horses, cattle, pigs and sheep. Beekeeping was well developed.
The Okhansk district is divided in the middle by a high mountainridge. It included 46 townships with a population of 276 thousand people. Residents were engaged in the cultivation of bread and flax. Thanks to a large number of meadows, livestock was developed.
Solikamsk district was an area of 26 thousand squareverst. It differed in the extraction of salt, iron, and coal. The Kama River within Solikamsk County was equipped with five piers. In its composition there were 50 volosts.
Cherdynsky district was quite large. Its area was more than 62 thousand square versts. It was divided into two parts by the river Kama. It consisted of 23 volosts. Steamships ran between the two banks.
The Perm province occupied a large area. Its eastern part included 5 counties.
Verkhoturye was an area of 60 thousand square meterskilometers. He became famous for the wealth of the mountains. The factories smelted cast iron, produced iron, copper. There was mining of gold and platinum. There was a county of 39 townships with a population of 208 thousand people. Residents worked in mining plants, mined ore, and engaged in forestry.
Ekaterinburg county ranked fourth inarea. It included 61 parish. The county was rich in forest. Planted in the fields of oats, rye, peas, potatoes. Large cattle were kept only for household use.
Irbit County was founded in 1781. Half of its area is covered with forest. The inhabitants were engaged in agriculture. Rye, oats, wheat, barley were sown. There were tanneries, sheepskin factories on the territory. Vodka and flour mills. The county included 34 volosts.
Kamyshlovsky county is located in the eastern part. The population according to the census was more than 248 thousand people. Due to fertile soils, agriculture was well developed. There were two distilleries and one iron-smelting plant.
Shadrinsky district was an area of 18 thousand squarekilometers. The Iseti River was divided into two parts. The number of residents was more than 300 thousand people. Most of the land belonged to the peasants. Tanneries and shoemakers were well developed. In trade, a significant place was occupied by the fair, which took place in the village of Ivanovskoe.
The city of Perm
Was based on the place of the village under the nameBryukhanovka. The status "provincial city" of Perm was given in 1780. In its center there are monuments of architecture. Modern Perm is a large industrial city. Mechanical engineering is a leading industry. The oldest part of the city is on the left bank of the Kama River. Monument of the era of classicism is considered the Bishops' House. Not far from the city is the only museum in the Urals, Khokhlovka.
The Perm province included severallarge cities. They are now part of the region. In 1923, when all the counties were abolished, the province, as such, ceased to exist. However, this is what gave life to the Perm region, which we know now.