Psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class. General recommendations and sample compilation
Competently composed psycho-pedagogicalCharacteristics of the class will be useful, for example, to the new class teacher in the transition of children from junior to middle. In addition, with her help, a psychologist or any subject teacher will be able to understand which pupils are completing a particular class, to understand their personal characteristics and to develop adequate methods of pedagogical interaction with this particular contingent of students. How is the psychological-pedagogical characteristic of the class formed? A sample and general recommendations will be found below.
Pedagogical characteristics - this is primarily a document. Therefore, an arbitrary form of its compilation is unacceptable.
Information presented within the framework of a school class characteristic should not be presented as a random or chaotic conglomeration of information. The document should be structured.
Provide information about the school teampreferably in an official-business style. However, the information should be understandable not only to the originator, but also to someone who will become acquainted with the characteristics in the future. It is forbidden to specify the names and surnames of students.
Psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class should be compiled taking into account three important principles.
The principle of complexity
To the class teacher and the teacher-psychologist onThe duty of service is to make up a huge number of characteristics. Not surprisingly, sometimes these documents begin to get patterned and faceless. However, this should still be avoided, because the psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class should reflect useful information, those that any teacher can use after acquaintance with the document. The usefulness of the same phrases is reduced, as we understand, to a minimum.
In addition, all information must be reflectedconsistently and logically. In the aggregate, the information presented in the document should create a clear picture of the school collective on which the characteristic is compiled.
The principle of humanism
Information in the characteristic must be adequateand unbiased, because only objective information can be used for its intended purpose. If the psychological and pedagogical characteristics of a class, a pupil or even a former pupil of a preschool institution are not biased, and on the basis of it a new teacher who is not familiar with the personality of the student begins to build pedagogical interaction with him, the result of which may prove ineffective. And it is good, if only inefficient, and not harmful for the development of the student's personality.
Like a doctor, a teacher should be guided in his work by an important principle - do no harm.
Principle of objectivity
Teacher should remember thatthe psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the primary class will differ from the characteristics of the class from the senior school level. That is, the principle of objectivity comes into play - every analyzed phenomenon should be explained with the support of the theoretical positions of age psychology.
The characterization made in accordance with these principles will be a really useful document to which class leaders and subject teachers can apply in their work.
Psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class: the plan
What is the plan for the characterization of the school class? We bring to your attention its next program.
- General information about the school class: when the class was formed, who was his first class teacher, how often the leaders changed.
- Information about the students: the number, age, sex.
- Characteristics of the leaders of the school collective, its asset.
- Information about the level of discipline of pupils.
- Indication of microgroups in the team, the characteristics of their formation and interaction with the rest of the class members.
- Status and sociometric characteristics of the class.
- The main values and priorities adopted in the classroom.
- Level of communicative culture of pupils.
- Methods of conflict resolution, adopted in the school team.
- The opinions of teachers about the class and individual students.
And now we will present a concrete example of what the psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class look like.
Psychological and pedagogical characteristics of the class: sample
- 10 "A" class of the secondary school number 15 of the citySt. Petersburg was established in 2003. The first class teacher was Ivanova Alla. In 2008, the management accepted Olga Petrovna Semenova.
- In 10 "A" class 20 students, 10 of them boys and 10 - girls. All students were 16 years old.
- Leaders in the class are Yakovlev Alexander and Soloviev Anton. Yakusheva Vera, Vusko Alexandra and Efimova Olga - an active class. Girls participate in educational competitions and public school life.
- The level of discipline is high. In the class there are no guys who violate discipline.
- Leaders and asset groups represent the main"cells" of the class. They lead the rest of the guys and try to maintain a high level of cohesion in the classroom. These microgroups were formed in the younger school link.
- With the help of sociometric research wereleaders in the class were identified, the "star" - Yakusheva Vera, preferred - Olga Efimova, Nightingale Veronica, Gunko Viktor, Slavski Yakov, isolated - Doroshkevich Ivan.
- The class as a whole is focused on obtaining knowledge, good marks. Friendship and collective responsibility for the life of the class prevail in the value orientations of the students.
- Communicative culture of the class at a high level.
- Conflicts are usually resolved by a collective discussion of the problem.
- Teachers are satisfied with the progress and behavior of students in grade 10A.
This is the psychological and pedagogical characteristic of the class, but this is just the "skeleton" of the document. The information is still better served in the expanded form, then the characteristic will become more informative.