Modern key manager skills
The inconsistent business environment requires a constantupdating knowledge and mastering managerial qualities. The key skills of the manager are the principles of behavior necessary to perform tasks effectively. Their application, individually or in combination, depends on the specific situation. Let's look at the main points:
- Know your business and your people. The manager should understand his business, know the technological processes and the nuances associated with it. The only way he will learn to imagine the risks. In addition, it is necessary to know the subordinates. Helps them understand scrupulous evaluation and feedback. Key manager skills such as listening, analyzing facts, collecting ideas and opinions are useful here. Listening to the workers, one can guess who is determined, who will overcome all the obstacles in his path. Also it is necessary that the employees know the manager: the manager should be always in sight, radiate confidence and calmness.
- Insisting on realism. The realist recognizes the uncertainty. The manager is ready to live in conditions of uncertainty. Plans require implementation, even if the circumstances have changed for the better. Just studying the reports is not enough. A good manager collects information on the ground and monitors the behavior of consumers at points of sale.
- Definition of goals and priorities. These key skills of the sales manager affect the company as a whole. From the head are waiting for specific goals, because the wrong choice destroys the firm. But to formulate goals is only the beginning, because then the employees need to fulfill the target. Therefore, clear priorities and milestones are the key to success.
- Control over implementation. Without systematic control, the performers have no idea of their role in the case. Reducing the intervals between the control points allows you to keep up with the plan: the data comes faster and in a more detailed form. Analysis of the situation entails an action. The key skills of the manager in a dangerous situation should be used and boldly corrected.
Remuneration of successful employees. Rewards are an incentive for successful implementation of plans. However, in the pursuit of a plan, dubious or risky transactions can occur. To prevent this, identify successful employees - those who perform the tasks and goals effectively. A manager with the skills of a manager is always responsible for paying adequate compensation to distinguished employees.
- Development of staff abilities. Trainings, additional training, advanced training, enrichment with knowledge is an investment in the future of the enterprise. People who do not lose courage, hold a blow, have a lot of experience, become the support and support of the company in difficult conditions.
- Knowing yourself. The key skills of the manager are constantly being improved. Life shows that the leader has two ways: resting on his laurels and working on himself. We need to be able to recognize our shortcomings, because there are no ideal people, we only aspire to an ideal. Listen and know how to hear. This will ensure the contact and receipt of a variety of information.
A manager who finds the right solutions in a changingthe world of business, is advancing its company forward. The leader knows people and his business, he continuously learns and enlarges knowledge. It is a flexible personality that can adapt to new conditions. The most important thing for a leader is a positive attitude, the ability to recharge energy and instill confidence.