Blueberries: properties and contraindications
Blueberry - a plant of the family of cowberry,A fruit with a pleasant taste and smell. From the berries you can brew jam, jam and eat fresh. What are the beneficial properties of blueberries, and what is appreciated by the plant, you will learn from this material.
Berry has an extensive list of minerals and nutrients that have a beneficial effect on the body. It includes:
- vitamins A, B, PP, K and E;
- alimentary fiber;
- phenols, sugars and plant pigments;
- mineral substances (iron, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium).
Blueberries are low-calorie berries, the nutritional value is 57 kcal. Therefore, it is recommended to add it to the diet menu.
Useful properties of berries and blueberry juice
Thanks to its rich composition, the use of culture has a positive effect on virtually all body systems. Beneficial features:
- It has choleretic and diuretic qualities, which contributes to weight loss and normalization of the work of all organs.
- Antioxidants contained in fruits, prevent the aging of the body and improve the activity of the heart and blood vessels.
- Prevents the formation of tumors.
- Thanks to the content of vitamin C, fruits are used to prevent scurvy.
- Regular use of blueberry helps to improve vision. Fruits relax the muscles of the eyes and help fight glaucoma.
- Clears the body of toxins and stabilizes metabolism.
- Improves the digestive system. The peristalsis of the intestine is established.
- Fruits slow the aging of nerve cells, improve mental abilities and memory.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Eating fruits leads to a decrease in blood glucose.
- Increases appetite, promotes the release of a sufficient amount of gastric juice.
- Raises the tone of the body and relieves nervous tension.
- Increases the defenses of the body and improves its resistance to viruses and bacteria.
- If diarrhea or liver disease occurs, it is useful to drink 1/2 cup of juice 3 times a day.
- Fresh blueberry removes salts of heavy metals from the body and neutralizes the effect of radiation. This ability of the berries can be used by workers in harmful industries.
Thanks to the healing properties of blueberries,positive qualities and has its juice. Doctors recommend to use it 1-2 times a week. The composition of the drink contains a large number of vitamins and minerals. Thanks to this, the juice has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the manifestation of fever.
However, it does not have any limitations,therefore the drink is widely used in dietary nutrition. The healing qualities of culture are used not only for therapeutic purposes, but also for the prevention of many diseases.
Adding fruits to the child's menu
Useful properties of blueberries for children are manifested in the saturation of the growing body with all the necessary minerals and vitamins.
Due to the lack of allergens, it can be giveninfants for up to a year. Initially, the berries are included in the menu in the form of mashed potatoes. It is added to the porridge or mixed with other fruits. The reception begins with 1 teaspoon, gradually the amount increases. The volume of the portion must be agreed with the pediatrician.
It is forbidden to eat berries in large quantities, so as not to cause nausea, vomiting or dizziness.
Blueberry in Pregnancy
During the fetal gestation, add berries to the menurecommended to all women. Due to its beneficial properties, blueberry during pregnancy has the most positive effect. This is due to the content in the berry of vitamins, B, P, PP and folic acid, which is sometimes called "female hormone." This substance forms new cells and prevents the development of pathologies in the fetus.
In addition, the fruits have such a beneficial effect:
- The content of vitamin C in blueberry stops the development of colds that adversely affect the fetus and the future mother.
- Reduces the sugar level in the blood, which is especially necessary for women who suffer from diabetes mellitus.
- The iron contained in the berries is able to maintain the normal level of hemoglobin. Routine does not allow to increase arterial pressure and gives elasticity to capillaries.
- Berry has a positive effect on eyesight. Due to the complex of mineral substances, blueberry has anti-inflammatory and choleretic properties.
But to abuse berries in this period is notshould, in order to avoid the occurrence of allergic reactions and intoxication in the child. A woman during pregnancy is enough per day not more than 80-100 g. This rate is enough to meet the needs of the body.
Useful properties of blueberries during pregnancy and inthe lactation period is manifested in the saturation with vitamins and minerals of both the baby and the mother. To consume in excessive quantity of berries is not recommended because of occurrence of an allergy.
Benefits of blueberry leaves
Therapeutic properties are not only fruits. The leaves of the plant are often used to prepare medicinal broths and infusions. Traditional medicine has many recipes that are capable of:
- normalize the digestive process;
- cleanse the body and have a disinfectant effect;
- to eliminate sleep disturbances and nervous system disorders;
- to lower the level of glucose and cholesterol in the blood;
- beneficially affect the heart and blood vessels;
- Reduce excessive appetite and prevent overeating;
- strengthen the human immune system, provide preventive action for colds and infectious diseases.
From the leaves of blueberries prepare a decoction, infusion or tincture. Drinks can be drunk without restrictions, if there are no contraindications.
To prepare a medicinal drink, you need the following:
- On a glass of boiling water take the dried leaves of the plant (50 g) in the shredded state.
- Brew for 2-3 hours.
- Broth strain and drink on a tablespoon 5-6 times a day before eating.
The course of treatment with a decoction of blueberries should be no more than 1 month, then a break is made and, if necessary, the procedure is repeated.
Decoction of blueberry leaves ispreventive agent for many diseases: diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, heart and blood vessels. To normalize blood pressure, you can drink it with fresh berries. The daily norm of berries is 100-150 g.
They have useful properties of blueberries and jam. In this form, its medicinal qualities will persist for a long time.
To prepare the jam, the berries should be ground blender to a homogeneous state. Add sugar. Dispense in containers and store in a refrigerator.
This composition retains all the healing properties of blueberry.
There is a method of preparation of jam, when the fruits are subjected to heat treatment. The following ingredients are required for this:
- Blueberries - 1 kg.
- Sugar sand - 1 kg.
- Water - 100 ml.
Fruits carefully clean and wash. From sugar and water, boil the syrup and boil for a few minutes. Then put the berries in it, boil for 10 minutes and spread it over sterile jars.
Jam can be used as a prevention of colds and infectious diseases, with diseases of the stomach and bladder.
Eating during a diet
Having medicinal properties, blueberryis used for weight loss. It can be attributed to dietary products. Polyphenols contained in berries contribute to the splitting of fatty deposits. Blueberries burn unnecessary kilograms and prevent the formation of new ones.
To obtain benefits, fruits must be eaten in limited quantities. The daily rate of consumption of berries is 100-200 g. To achieve the result, you must exercise.
Together with the berries you can drink tea from the blueberry leaves, eat fruit. Fresh fruit is good to drink with milk, which allows you to favorably affect the intestinal motility.
Fruits in cosmetology
Thanks to its beneficial properties, blueberry berrycan be used not only to improve the body. The fact that this plant has a beneficial effect on the skin condition has been known since ancient times. Therefore, the culture is used to prepare facial care products.
Useful properties of blueberries for women are evidentin recipes based on the addition of berries. Masks allow to preserve the beauty of the face and prolong the youthfulness of the skin. Flavonoids protect it from ultraviolet radiation. They are able to clean and whiten the skin of the face.
To make a mask, squeeze the juice from theberries. Combine in equal proportions with sour cream and cottage cheese. Apply mass to the skin of the face. Let stand for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water. Such a mask will return the skin a radiant look and rid of small wrinkles. But in order to achieve maximum effect, it is recommended to use the remedy at least once a week.
What kinds of plants exist
Berry, growing in nature, has the name blueberry or marsh. It is from these bushes that harvest is collected in forests and marshes.
The first garden varieties were brought from America. The blueberry bush was tall and up to 2-3 m in height. Nowadays, many varieties of berries are known, which are cultivated in suburban areas.
Especially popular is the garden blueberry,whose properties are constantly used for medicinal purposes. But they grow it for cooking. In the northern regions a bush called "blueberry Canadian" is common. This plant is frost-resistant and possesses unpretentious and juicy fruits.
For planting plants choose well-lita place with loose soil. She loves acid soils, and on neutral and alkaline soils, blueberry grows poorly and does not multiply. Plant it with a large clod of earth, with bare roots, the plant dies.
The berries of blueberries are tender. And in order not to lose all its medicinal properties, it is necessary to choose the right method of storage.
Fruits should be frozen. Such a blueberry retains all its medicinal properties and can be used for making compotes, morses and kissels. Most often it is used as a filling for pies.
In some cases the bilberries are dried. You can store it in a glass bowl in a dark room. Dried fruits, as well as frozen ones, completely retain their healing properties and can be used to treat various diseases.
Blueberries in fresh form can be stored in the refrigerator. To do this, you must select a container with a tight lid. Store at 0-5 degrees for 2 weeks.
With any method of storing blueberries, its properties are best preserved fresh.
The damage of culture
Despite the diverse therapeutic propertiesblueberries, contraindications to plants are also available. As a rule, negative effects can occur with a strong overeating of the fruit. Berry is rich in many nutrients, which when taken in food in large quantities harm the body.
Signs of poisoning can be:
- general weakness;
When using berries by women in the periodpregnancy and lactation must be treated with extreme caution. After all, it can negatively affect a child when harmful substances get into his body along with the mother's milk.
It is not recommended to use berries in diseases of bile ducts and individual intolerance.
It is forbidden to add fruits to patients who take medications to dilute blood in their menu.
Blueberries are a unique berry that enjoyshuge popularity. Due to its composition and many useful qualities, it can be used not only in medicine, but also in cooking and cosmetology. The medicinal qualities of blueberries are used for therapeutic and preventive purposes.