Imam Bayalda in Turkish: recipe
This is a truly legendary Turkish foodcooking, and its name can literally be translated as "the priest in a swoon" or "the imam was ecstatic". Of course, it will be a dish of the Imam Bayalda in Turkish. And we will try to cook it with you today.
A bit of history
The Imam Bayalda dish has its own mythology in Turkish. Of course, why these blue, stuffed and cooked in the form of boats, coupled with vegetables and tomato, zaimeli such an authentic name, for certain nobody knows. Legends tell: the reason for this was an excellent taste and aroma, from which you lick your fingers and lose your head.
Other stories tell how an imamwas married to the daughter of an olive oil dealer (which in those years was a very expensive commodity). And the girl received as a dowry as many as twelve cans of the product. And after the wedding, she rejoiced her husband for twelve days, giving her favorite food for a meal - eggplant boats with stuffing. He was in full delight with the delicious food. And when on the 13th day he did not get an adored dish, he asked his wife about what, in fact, what was going on. She confessed that she always cooked delicious eggplants on precious oil, which was taken to the dowry and has already ended. Then the Imam lost consciousness. Whether from the fact that he realized how expensive this pleasure was, or because he decided that he would not be able to buy expensive oil again and again to enjoy this delicious food.
So the name of the dish appeared - "Imam Bayalda". In Turkish, given the simple recipe, it is prepared easily and simply. Good ingredients are always at hand - especially in the harvest season.
How to cook imam baleyds in Turkish: recipe
But you and I can afford ourselves such a pleasure - to cook a dish-legend of oriental cuisine? The Turkish dish imam bayalda has quite a few cooking variations.
It can be done with minced meat, you can - with nuts,It is also practiced and various cutting of the ingredients themselves. There is also a purely vegetable recipe for this snack - just deliciously delicious! Moreover, the imam of bayalda can be consumed in hot form, as an independent dish, and you can serve it to the table and cold as a snack. And in both cases it will be very tasty.
For the preparation of authentic food we will need:
- kilo of blue;
- a couple of medium-sized carrots;
- a pair of bulbs;
- half a kilo of tomatoes.
And: a few cloves of garlic (if you like more sharply, you can add more), 3-4 large spoons of olive oil, hot pepper, spoon of natural tomato paste.
How to cook
Let's start cooking:
- Eggplants wash, from the stems. We remove the peel along the strips (so that each vegetable turns out to be striped) and soak for a while in salted water at room temperature - so they will give their excessive bitterness.
- At this time, we clean and rub the carrots on a graterlarge. A bow with garlic is cleaned and finely chopped. Tomatoes are cut into cubes (to remove or not to peel them - decide for yourself, but, by the way, it is not removed in the Turkish recipe).
- In olive oil, simmer on low heat the prepared vegetables: firstly onions with garlic until transparent, then add the carrot and after a couple of minutes - tomatoes. Solim and introduce pepper burning.
- Finished a mixture of vegetables stuffed eggplant. To do this, we remove them from the salted water and make a longitudinal incision, taking out the extra pulp and replacing it with stewed vegetables (but a bit of minced meat is left in a frying pan - literally a couple of spoons).
Further we shall be engaged in a sauce:
- The tomato paste is bred in half a glass of water and poured into a frying pan, where we have the remains of vegetables. Extinguish for five minutes (for lovers of sweet and sour effect is added a spoonful of sugar).
- We spread blue with minced meat inside into a pan,oiled. Pour sauce and send to the oven, heated to a temperature of 180 ° C. Bake our aubergines for about an hour. We serve aubergines in Turkish - Imam Bayalda, sprinkled with herbs.
Some subtleties of cooking
In the performance of the dish by various chefs are availablesome differences. For example, you can cut the eggplants in half after soaking in salted water, drying them then on a towel (which is then useful for removing excess oil).
You can pre-fry the blue in oil (they are already in the oven have a characteristic crust and do not dry out when baking).
Some mistresses also use not chili, butgreen pepper, not so hot (the seeds need to be removed to reduce its sharpness). And in the east, when cooking imam, Bayal-de-Taurus in the stuffing is usually added a little bit of sugar, so that the sauce opens, becomes tastier, brighter. Also, blue can be stuffed with walnut nuts.
Imam Bayalda in Turkish for the winter
Such a tasty and useful dish can be preparedfor the winter. In this there is nothing complicated. Ingredients go all the same as in the main recipe, except, perhaps, the green of parsley. You can also add a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of vinegar to each jar of the billet - so let's say, for accuracy, so as not to swell. But you can not add - everything will depend on the place chosen for storage. If you store the dish at the bottom of the refrigerator, you do not even need additional sterilization.
- Eggplant my and peel. Strips remove knife along the whole vegetable: the eggplant should look like a zebra: a white strip, a black strip. The peduncle can not be removed, but only slightly shortened. And after cutting the blue along the fruit in half.
- In a deep container pour cool water, add a pinch of salt, we put there half of the vegetable (so that there is excessive bitterness). Leave for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables. Onions cut into half rings. Garlic with green pepper is finely chopped.
- Peel the peel from tomatoes and cut them into cubes.
- The pan is covered with foil, turn on the oven and warm it to 200 ° C. If there is a function "grill", it will be even better.
- Halves of aubergines (it is better to take small ones to climb into jars), soak it with a paper towel and put it on the oven pan. Each piece is greased with olive oil.
- We bake in the oven until the blue ones turn rosy, unsteady inside.
- Prepare the fill, as in the previous recipe.
- In the prepared jars we add the eggplant andtop up with a sauce. Further - according to your choice - you can sterilize additionally with the contents. And you can just screw and remove (let cool) in the bottom of the refrigerator.
Enjoy your appetite!